Anarchy Wrestling Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Champions will be crowned and icons will be made...

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Dave Turners Artist of the Day

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dave Turner
Admin
Dave Turner

Dave Turners Artist of the Day Empty
PostSubject: Dave Turners Artist of the Day   Dave Turners Artist of the Day Icon_minitimeSat Feb 01, 2014 12:54 am

Basically I'll choose one band a day and post two or three songs from that band/artist.

Todays band is The White Stripes, one of my all time favorites.

I Can't Wait, off their debut album White Blood Cells

White Moon, off the album Get Behind Me Satan

Black Math off of Elephant

Another off the album White Blood Cells, because it is a modern masterpiece of music and should be taught in schools....Dead Leaves and the Dirty Ground

I believe Jack White to be one of the greatest musicians not around in the 60s-70s. The White Stripes hit me kinda deep, for reasons I'm still not sure why. Hope you enjoy.
Back to top Go down
Dave Turner
Admin
Dave Turner

Dave Turners Artist of the Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dave Turners Artist of the Day   Dave Turners Artist of the Day Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 11:29 pm

Alright, this is obviously not going to be EVERY day, but rather when I feel like it. With that said, todays band is.....

MEGADETH

The first song comes off of their first album. Dave Mustaine was just kicked out of Metallica and was super pissed off when he heard "his" song on their album. Naturally he decided to put his version on their debut...
Mechanix

Not long after their debut album, they released their follow up, Peace Sells...But Who's Buying, which is one of their more well known albums still to this day. They set the tone with the first track...
Wake Up Dead

In 1990, Dave Mustaine and Megadeth released their fourth studio album, Rust In Peace. It is still to this day considered by many as not only their best album, but one of the greatest metal albums ever. Every single song on this album is amazing, and I decided to pick a deeper cut that people might not have heard as much...
Rust in Peace...Polaris

I could list so many Megadeth songs, but I need to put a limit on four for doing these posts. The last song comes off the 2004 release The System Has Failed. Easily one of their best albums, and doesn't get as much credit in the metal community do to it being released so many years after thrash had peaked. Here is one of my favorite tracks off of one of my favorite albums when it comes to metal...
Back In The Day

I'm a big Megadeth fan personally, but I understand some people have a lot of hate for them/Mustaine. All I have to say is, if you hate them because you're a Metallica fan boy who has never really gave them a chance, then I feel sorry for you. If you hater them because of Mustaine's vocal style, then I will let you be.
Back to top Go down

Dave Turners Artist of the Day
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Anarchy Wrestling Organization :: OFF-TOPIC :: MUSIC DISCUSSION-
Jump to: